Legal, professional, not-for-profit and technical publications making complex content readable is my speciality.
Can work outside local area: Yes
With a master's degree in publishing, 11 years experience as a writer and editor, and a background in law, I can make even the most difficult content interesting and understandable.
I am passionate about making information accessible, and will work with you to produce the high-quality documents you need. My legal background means I can work comfortably in most subject areas, keeping the meaning intact, while getting your message across.
I have run my successful freelance writing business for the past 9 years, offer writing, rewriting, editing, proofreading and publications management services. Recently, I have won awards for my creative writing. References from clients are available on request.
Qualifications and professional membership
- MPhil in Publishing Studies, University of Stirling, Scotland, 1999.
- LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington, NZ, 1990.
- Member of the New Zealand Society of Authors.
- Member Technical Communicators Association of New Zealand.
- Central government New Zealand Transport Agency, Department of Building and Housing
- Local government Auckland Council, Waipa District Council, Environment Waikato, Waikato District Council
- Health Midlands Health Network, Bay of Plenty District Health Board
- Education WINTEC, Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, EBSCO Publishing (US)
- Social services and not-for-profit Te Pou National Centre of Mental Health Research, Information and Workforce Development, Wise Management Trust, Trust Waikato, Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
- Corporate and business Mighty River Power, Laracy Communications, NZ Guarantee Ltd
- Legal texts and decisions
- Annual and strategic plans and reports
- Technical manuals
- Policies and procedures
- Local and corporate histories
- Newsletters, brochures and books
- Websites and e-books
PO Box 131, Raglan, 3265, New Zealand.
Phone: 64 7 8258 938