Clear and effective documents for business, industry, education, training. Projects include company reports and presentations, applications and tenders, training standards and materials, consumer guides and promotional materials. Expertise in corporate, technical and instructional requirements
Local Availability: Working electronically with other world time zones. Personal contact anytime within Greater Auckland, with travel as necessary.
Print, Web, Flash
I work with clients using information analysis and long experience to produce clear writing in documents that are focused on the needs of your users. Complex topics and documents especially benefit from such treatment. When documents are effective you will gain the following benefits:
- Shorter reading and learning times
- Improved accuracy of use
- Simplified content management and production
- Cost savings.
My writing experience includes the research, plans, standards, reports, tenders, promotions, presentations and other documents associated with a wide experience in management, technology, education and training. I have published many UK/USA books, including leading texts on environmental aspects of buildings. Great fiction and memoirs are kept in the bottom drawer!
I have worked in multi-national companies, training establishments, and government bodies at national level. Responsibilities have included: senior management and leadership within large organisations; technical and policy leadership; management of relationships with senior figures in business and government.
I understand the pressures and needs of organisations, and am skilful at working with company individuals and teams. Formal qualifications include degrees in physics and membership of the following organisations: Society of Authors (NZ and UK), Fellow of Royal Society of Arts, Institute of Physics, Chartered Institute of Building.
Recent experience and clients include: NZ Ministry of Education and the TEC, Open Polytechnic NZ, Waikato Institute of Technology, Quotable Value Ltd, Food and Drink Sector Skills Council UK, Tribal Education UK, Department for Education and Skills UK, series editorship and revisions to publications below.
Author of over 14 published books, many journal articles, and editor of book series for publishers. Some examples are given below with further details and sample writing available on request.
- Environmental Science in Building, Palgrave/Macmillan, 6 editions 1982-2007
- Longman Key Skills Series: IT, Communication, Number, Pearson 2000 (joint author)
- Management, Finance and Measurement for Construction, Macmillan 1997 (joint author)
- Noise Control in Buildings, Blackwell Scientific 1991; Macmillan Dictionary of Building, 1988
- Editorship of Computer Skill Book series, David Fulton/Nelson Thornes; Editorship of Construction and Surveying series, Macmillan/Palgrave
- Annual section for Writers and Artists Yearbook, AC Black
- Consumer guides for multi-national computer and electronic products, NEC
- Corporate documents including unpublished discussion papers, reports, surveys, consultations, tenders, web pages, and presentations associated with working experience
- Training standards, qualifications and learning materials for industry training bodies
Randall McMullan, 15 The Drive, Titirangi, Auckand 1007, New Zealand.
Ph: +64 9 817 7257
Writerfind home page