An engaging style, flexible approach and the ability to meet deadlines characterise my writing for human services-particularly in the areas of child health,care and education.
Local Availability: Sydney based
My professional roots are in early childhood care and education and have expanded to government, politics and public policy. Child and adult health, fitness and nutrition is an additional focus area.
My writing is grounded in technical knowledge with a practical emphasis and is based on the belief that everything may be understood if explained with a simple, interesting and honest approach.
I have a flexible style adapted to the needs of the audience; moving from a conversational easy reading style, to a more formal yet engaging style for speech writing,conference presentation and lectures, to an academic approach for presentation of research and journal articles.
My work has been within the human services areas, specifically children's services for local, state and commonwealth departments, within community organisations and for a wide range of audiences from practitioner to expert professional. I also have a focus on parents and families providing practical solutions to parenting dilemmas grounded in expertise.
I have also worked on a number of technical projects providing a 'how to' approach. Several of these have been in combination with video development.
Overall my approach is positive,concise, and engaging, with an injection of humour and lightness when appropriate.
- The Very Best of Care and Education from the series Accreditation and Beyond. Published by Australian Early Childhood Association 1995
- NSW Accreditation Training Training and resources for NSW services Community Child Care Co-op 1995
- A Partnership in Care and Education Video and training package for funded services in NSW Department of Community Services (NSW) 1995
- Health and Safety Policy: Fairfield Children's Services Rewrite of policy document for Fairfield City Council 1995
- Home Away from Home Training package for family day care Lady Gowrie Child Centre 1996
- Every Other Week Children's Services Industry Newspaper Columnist and features writer 1996
- Fair Play Anti Bias in Action Video and Training Package for childrenís services focuses on implementing an anti-bias approach. 1997
- Advocacy in Early Childhood Distance education course for Institute of Early Childhood, NSW (1997)
- Keeping on Track Rewrite of Child Care Administration Manual 1998. Published 1999 Community Child Care Co-operative
- Iím Hearing You Information Booklet on Otitis Media for Early Childhood Educators. Lady Gowrie Child Centre Sydney 2000
- Insights to Research Summary of Research Projects for the Department of Community Services (NSW) 2000
- SunSmart Early Childhood Resource Kit Resource folder for early childhood staff and families with information and activities promoting sun protection. NSW Cancer Council 2001
- Management Procedures Manual. KU Childrenís Services 2002. Selection of Works
- Action, Advocacy and Activism-Standing Up for Children Community Child Care Co-operative. Published 2004
Leanne Gibbs, 105 Woronora Cres, Como 2226, NSW, Australia.
Ph: 02 9589 2692
Last updated 30 June 2005 NZST
Writerfind home page