Senior business writer for blue chips and government with over 25 years' experience. Specialises in thought leadership, white papers, annual reports and executive speeches. Fast and exemplary work.
Local Availability: Karen is based in Sydney, but works with clients all over the world. She is happy to travel nationally to meet clients.
Karen Pryor has 25 years of experience as a business writer and communications consultant in the UK and Australia. She specialises in ‘translating’ technical information into effective documents that readers find clear, interesting and easy to understand. This includes producing: policy and procedure documentation, web materials, thought leadership pieces, annual reports, prospectuses and white papers.
Karen also teaches business writing, helping her participants to produce effective documents as quickly as possible.
In both her writing and teaching, she uses proven strategies to:
• Select content that will enable a document to achieve its objective
• Explain this content in a way that readers find easy to understand and remember
• Structure and order information so readers can quickly find key information
Karen brings to your writing project:
• High-level experience in internal and external communications
• An ability to distill clear messages out of dry or complex information
• The use of pyramid thinking to structure sections and paragraphs
• A view of your content from the reader’s perspective
• Experience interviewing CEOs, chief scientists and global experts
• Plain English and ruthless editing skills
• The speed and energy to produce quality documents to tight deadlines
Karen’s recent credentials projects include work for: Macquarie Bank, Pepper, the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Johnson & Johnson and Coffey International.
Karen writes and edits reports for government and blue chip companies. Last year, she was editor to Australia’s Financial System Inquiry; this year, she edited the Competition Policy Review Report. Previously, she edited the NSW Climate Change Action Plan. Karen is also the annual report writer for Metcash and the Government Business Enterprise, Moorebank Intermodal Company.
Karen writes EY Australia’s annual budget response paper and much of the global firm’s thought leadership, including its regular reports on Productivity, Capital Confidence, and the Future of Finance. She has also written thought leadership for IBM, including its Roadmap to Australia’s Digital Future, the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Russell Investments.
Office: 02 9999 0656 Mobile: 0403 062 985